New DPP update
offers support for
EOS-1D X Mark II
Canon has released a new update to its popular Digital Photo Professional 4 (DPP4) software. Version 4.4.30 offers support for the EOS-1D X Mark II as well as a host of additional cameras plus the new EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens, launched recently with the EOS 80D...
Since its launch in 2014, Digital Photo Professional 4 has grown to support over 40 DSLR and PowerShot cameras. As well as supporting all the current professional full-frame DSLRs in the Canon range, this latest update now supports the recently launched EOS-1D X Mark II as well as the following extra models: EOS 80D, EOS 50D, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS 550D, EOS 500D, EOS 450D, EOS 1000D, EOS 1300D, PowerShot G16, PowerShot S120, PowerShot G1 X and the new PowerShot G7 X Mark II.
Commenting on this latest DPP4 update, Mike Burnhill, Canon Europe’s Professional Imaging Technical Support Programme manager, told CPN: “Digital Photo Professional 4 software provides a seamless transition from capture to post and this latest version adds more cameras and opens up the benefits of RAW workflow to more users. We are committed to supporting Canon photographers from every step of their imaging journey, from capture to print, and our software keeps Canon quality locked into your image file every step of the way.”
DPP 4.4.30: KEY FEATURES
- Faster, real-time adjustments
- Improved RAW file workflow
- Better, more approachable user interfaces
- Compatible with 64-bit native environments
- Colour adjustments for specific colour gamuts
- Improved highlight recovery provides expanded tonality
- Improved shadow recovery function
- Support for movie playback
- Auto Lighting Optimizer can be applied to JPEG images
- Better integration with EOS Utility 3 software
• You can download DPP 4.4.30 now, free of charge, from Canon Europe’s support site here. Just click on the camera link and select DPP 4.4.30 from the software options to download.