Firmware updates for EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C300
Canon has announced three new firmware updates for its award-winning EOS C300-series digital cinema cameras, offering enhanced operability and performance...
The firmware versions, which can all be downloaded free of charge from the Canon Europe support pages, offer a wide variety of updates and fixes for the C300 Mark II and C300 (EF/PL and Dual Pixel AF) variants.
EOS C300 Mark II gets support for Canon’s EVF-V70 OLED Electronic Viewfinder
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 for the C300 Mark II incorporates support for Canon’s impressive EVF-V70 OLED Electronic Viewfinder and provides additional IEEE 802.11ac WiFi support with the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter, as well as support for peripheral illumination correction when the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens is attached. The full list of fixes and enhancements are:
- Support for the separately sold EVF-V70* OLED Electronic Viewfinder has been added.
- Shutter Angle Priority has been added. A constant shutter angle can now be maintained, regardless of any other camera settings being changed.
- Support for separately-sold the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter has been added.
- Zebra range expanded below 65%.
- Zebra 1 setting range has been expanded to between 5% (±5%) and 95% (±5%) in 5% steps.
- The range of the Zebra 2 setting has been expanded to between 5% and 100% in steps of 5%.
- Audio off option added for the built-in microphone.
- The internal microphone on the camera body can now be turned off.
- In Browser Remote, the focus guide frame can now be displayed.
- Audio recording available during 2K Crop.
- Audio can now be recorded when the camera is set in 2K crop mode.
- Support for CFast cards (VPG130) has been added.**
- Support for peripheral illumination & chromatic aberration when the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens is attached, has been added.
- Metadata related to the XF-AVC range has been corrected.
- The range of Canon Log/Log2/Log3 has been corrected to full range.
- The quality of autofocus has been enhanced.
- The operation reliability after changing the recording mode has been enhanced.
* When using the EVF-V70, magnification while recording and the function to display the camera’s live view image on the Browser Remote screen cannot be used.
** For detailed information about CFast cards that have been verified to work with this camera, please visit Canon’s support pages.
EOS C300 models gets additional WiFi and lens support
There are two new firmware updates available for the EOS C300 cameras: version 220.127.116.11.0.0 for the EF and PL models and version 18.104.22.168.0.0 for the EOS C300 EF model with the Dual Pixel AF upgrade. Both versions of the new firmware provide additional IEEE 802.11ac WiFi support via the separately sold WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter.
The EOS C300 EF mount versions of the camera also support peripheral illumination correction when the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens is attached. Additionally, when fitted with the CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS, and also the CN7x17 KAS S/E1 and CN20x50 IAS H/E1 lenses (provided lens firmware has also been updated for these two), the following functions are available:
- Autofocus using Dual Pixel CMOS AF is possible (with the exception of CN20x50 IAS H/E1) – with the EOS C300 with the Dual Pixel AF update only.
- Metadata, such as the model name and focal distance of the lens attached, can be acquired and displayed on the camera.*
- Peripheral illumination correction is supported.*
- Aperture can be adjusted manually by operating the camera’s control dial.*
- Settings can be changed so that the zoom can be operated using the joystick on the grip unit of the camera.
- The zoom/focus*/iris* can be operated using the separately-sold RC-V100 Remote Controller.
- The focus and iris can be operated via Wi-Fi Remote.*
- The automatic aperture and Push Auto Iris functions can be used.
* For the CN7x17 KAS S/E1, support has already been provided in Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 or later.