Canon reveals further expansion of its Ambassadors Programme
© Yann Arthus-Bertrand
Canon Europe has expanded its Ambassadors Programme with the addition of a new, third tier – the ‘Masters’, who come from not just the world of photography, but a far wider visual perspective, bringing vision and experience to the already well-proven Ambassadors Programme – plus the arrival of one new ‘Ambassador’ and eight new ‘Explorers’ from the worlds of photography and filmmaking.
The Canon Masters are industry influencers and spokespeople who are not only world renowned photographers and filmmakers but also come from the wider imaging community, including sectors such as education, photography curating and commissioning. Through the expanded Ambassadors Programme Canon is now able to further inspire, educate and motivate generations of photographers and filmmakers with the Masters sharing their knowledge, skill sets and opinions, as well as giving a wider perspective to the imaging making community as a whole.
Joining the new Masters tier of the Ambassadors Programme at launch are:
- Conservationist, aerial photographer and filmmaker Yann Arthus-Bertrand (France).
- Curator of Photography at the Imperial War Museum, London, Hilary Roberts (UK).
- Photojournalist, co-founder of the VII Photo Agency and Director of the Program for Narrative and Documentary Practice at Tufts University, USA, Gary Knight (UK).
- Editor-at-Large for National Geographic Michael ‘Nick’ Nichols (USA).
Together these four newly appointed Masters will embark on a programme of influence and opinion sharing, offering Canon photographers and filmmakers an unrivalled opportunity to view the world in a thought-provoking and compelling way.
With former Canon Ambassadors Gary Knight and Michael Nichols moving within the Ambassadors Programme to become Masters, the Ambassadors line-up has been bolstered by the addition of:
- Multiple award-winning photojournalist Pascal Maitre (France).
The expansion of the Ambassadors Programme has also seen the recent addition of eight new Explorers from the worlds of photography and filmmaking. The latest Canon Explorers are:
- Cameraman, director and filmmaker Phil Coates (UK).
- Film director and producer Sébastien Devaud (France).
- Freelance sports photographer Kuba Atys (Poland).
- Award-winning photojournalist Niklas Meltio (Finland).
- Top sports photographer Giancarlo Colombo (Italy).
- Renowned wildlife photographer Andy Rouse (UK).
- Top sports photographer Alessandro Trovati (Italy).
- Award-winning photojournalist Zalmaï (Switzerland).
Canon Europe’s Ambassadors Programme was launched in June 2008 and over the past six years the Canon Ambassadors and Explorers have lent their considerable expertise to workshops, seminars and major photography shows around the world, as well as providing expert feedback to help in the development of future Canon imaging products.
Kieran Magee, Professional Imaging Marketing Director, Canon Europe, explained: “We truly value the relationship we have with our Ambassadors and Explorers, and the addition of this third tier of the Ambassadors Programme – the Masters – means we can not only continue to connect with Canon photographers, but also use industry experts and opinion-shapers to powerfully connect with the photographic and filmmaking industries as a whole, leveraging Canon’s experience as an imaging provider in a new and exciting way. Canon is also delighted to welcome our new Ambassador, Pascal Maitre, plus eight more outstanding ‘Explorer’ talents to the Ambassadors Programme and looks forward to their input and expertise.”
To find out more about Canon Europe’s Ambassadors Programme, and read exclusive in-depth interviews with the new Canon Masters and Ambassador, plus profiles of the latest Canon Explorers, just click here.