EOS-1D X firmware update 1.0.6
Canon has announced that a firmware update for its EOS-1D X DSLR (Version 1.0.6) is now available for download. Details of the exact firmware fixes and improvements are shown below.
EOS-1D X Firmware Version 1.0.6
Firmware Version 1.0.6 for the EOS-1D X incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF Microadjustment cannot be correctly carried out.
- Fixes a phenomenon such that when using the camera with combinations of certain lenses (*1) and extenders (*2), the images captured become back-focused. (*1) EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM or EF200mm f/2L IS USM when used with (*2) Extender EF1.4x III or Extender EF2x III.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when the camera is powered on in very dark environments (including instances when the lens cap or the body cap is attached), Error 80 appears on the camera.
- Fixes the following phenomenon: if two CF cards are inserted into the camera and the ‘Standard’ or ‘Auto switch card’ setting is selected for the recording method for [Record func+card/folder sel.], and then one of the CF cards is removed and then reinserted into the card slot, the card selected for recording and playing back images may be switched to the other CF Card.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value is not correctly displayed in the EXIF information of the images captured.
- Displays an ‘O’ or ‘X’ result to indicate whether images have been successfully transferred through the FTP protocol when using the WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter.
* EOS-1D X Firmware Version 1.0.6 is available to download – please click here and select the firmware option to download the firmware. Please remember to read all of the instructions before downloading the firmware.