Canon has announced a firmware update (Version 1.1.0) for the EOS 5D Mark II that will allow for manual exposure when shooting movies amongst other improvements and fixes.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Includes a function to enable the manual exposure settings when shooting movies.
2. Disables the function of the depth-of-field preview button when images are played back or when the menu screen is displayed on the LCD panel.
3. Fixes a phenomenon where the peripheral illumination of images cannot be properly corrected, even if the images were captured with the lens peripheral illumination correction function set to ‘Enable’.
- Digital Photo Professional software, version 3.6.1 or later (for Windows and Mac), can be used to automatically correct the peripheral illumination of RAW and JPEG images that were captured in the Peripheral illumination correction setting with cameras that have Firmware Version 1.0.7 or earlier.
4. Fixes the algorithms of the Auto Lighting Optimizer function when Custom Function C.Fn II-3 Highlight tone priority is enabled.
5. Fixes incorrect indications on the Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, and Ukrainian menu screens.
6. Changes the battery information displayed on the camera when using the optional Battery Grip BG-E6.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.7. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
To download Firmware Version 1.1.0 please click here. Before downloading the firmware update, please ensure that you read the entire contents of the page linked to above.
You can also now download the latest update of Canon’s Digital Photo Professional software.