EOS 5D Mark III
Canon has announced that a new firmware update – Version 1.1.3 – for its EOS 5D Mark III DSLR is now available for download. Details of the exact firmware fixes and improvements are shown below.
EOS 5D Mark III firmware version 1.1.3
Firmware Version 1.1.3 for the EOS 5D Mark III incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Supports the single focal length EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June 2012.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera's power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens (*1) is mounted to the camera with an extender (*2). (*1) The EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM or EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lenses. (*2) The Extender EF1.4x III or Extender EF2x III.
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens.
Firmware Version 1.1.3 is for EOS 5D Mark III cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.2. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.3, it is not necessary to download this firmware. To find out more and download the firmware please click here and enter your country and product details. Please read all of the instructions before downloading the firmware.